Monday, March 26, 2007

A Milestone Year

Fabulous event this year in honor of Ron's birthday. They just keep getting better, every year. This year there was an absolutely wonderful set of video interviews with people who were there with LRH in the really early days of Dianetics and Scientology.

And the other thing I love about the March 13th events is the news about the winning churches and missions. All Scientology churches and missions compete against one another and the church and mission with the best expansion for the year wins.

This year it was a real surprise - a Church I've never seen in the running - the Church of Scientology of Denmark. And boy were they excited!

To me, when I hear how well our churches are doing, how many new Volunteer Ministers are coming on board, how many books are being distributed, that's fantastic news because it is an index of how many people are learning priceless information that is making their own lives better and is rippling out into the environment.

I also loved hearing David Miscavige. I always look forward to the briefings he gives us at events. For every event he gives an overview of the best expansion news of recent months. And Mr. Miscavige usually ends the evening with a special message to Scientologists.

I walked out of this event determined to do more and help more and reach out to people like never before.

No matter how many years I'm in Scientology, when I read a book or listen to a taped lecture by L. Ron Hubbard I am again struck with Ron's brilliance, and how much he cared.

So for me, it's going to be a lot more volunteering this year. I've also set myself some new resolutions (March vs. New Years) as to my progress as a Scientologist.



I like to help others and count it as my greatest pleasure in life to see a person free himself of the shadows which darken his days.— Scientology Founder, L. Ron Hubbard