Monday, June 26, 2006

My Philosophy - By L. Ron Hubbard

One of my favorite quotes is from an essay titled "My Philosophy" where L. Ron Hubbard stated:

"I like to help others and count it as my greatest pleasure in life to see a person free himself of the shadows which darken his days.

"These shadows look so thick to him and weigh him down so that when he finds they are shadows and that he can see through them, walk through them and be again in the sun, he is enormously delighted. And I am afraid I am just as delighted as he is."

Today is the UN International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking. One very important way Mr. Hubbard freed people from the shadows which darken their days was through his research and discovery on the cause and rehabilitation of drug dependency.

Scientology churches around the world are very active in drug education, not only because of the fact that drug use prevents any spiritual advancement, but also because of the terrible consequences drug addiction has for the user and his or her family.

The Church of Scientology International European Office for Public Affairs and Human Rights announced today the release of 10 million new booklets in 20 languages that will help youth avoid ever getting involved in taking drugs in the first place.

More information on the Church's anti-drug campaign is available at the Scientology Press Office.